Fresh Pasta with Sausage and Mushrooms
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb. sweet Italian chicken sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. mixed sliced mushrooms (like oyster, shiitake, and cremini)
- 4 medium scallions (white and green parts), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup drained canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup lower-salt chicken broth
- 1 12-oz. package fresh linguine or fettuccine
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering hot. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, scallions, rosemary, red pepper flakes, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms soften and start to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil, and then cover and reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook until the sausage is heated through and the flavors are melded, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package timing until it’s just al dente. Drain well and add to the sauce along with half of the Parmigiano. Cook over medium heat, tossing for 1 minute. Serve sprinkled with the remaining Parmigiano and some black pepper.
- nutrition information (per serving):
- Calories (kcal): 490; Fat (g): 17; Fat Calories (kcal): 150; Saturated Fat (g): 4.5; Protein (g): 30; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 5; Carbohydrates (g): 55; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1.5; Sodium (mg): 1280; Cholesterol (mg): 115; Fiber (g): 5;
- photo: Scott Phillips
- From Fine Cooking 97 , pp. 91
- December 31, 2008
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Pasta with Sausage and Mushrooms Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes