Quick, easy, and absolutely delicious. We used the recipe as is and has no trouble with it at all. Made it to go as a layer in a parfait with espresso soaked ladyfingers, a bittersweet chocolate curd, and whipped cream. I will absolutely use this again.
Fresh Orange Curd
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh orange juice (about 4 pounds navel oranges)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a 3-quart saucepan; gradually whisk in fresh orange juice. Whisk in lightly beaten eggs. Bring to a boil (5 to 6 minutes) over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Cook, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture reaches a pudding-like thickness. Remove from heat, and whisk in butter and grated orange rind. Cover, placing plastic wrap directly on curd, and chill 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts