Fresh Orange-Cranberry Pound Cake
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Sodium: 208mg
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut up
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh orange peel
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 10-inch tube pan. Coat lightly with flour and tap out excess.
- Heat butter and cream in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until butter is melted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add baking powder and salt and mix on low speed until blended. Add half of flour and entire cooled cream mixture; mix on low speed until blended. Add remaining flour and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes; mixture should be thick and gooey. Stir in orange peel and then fold in cranberries. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, turn out onto a rack and let cool completely.
- Make glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add water, corn syrup and vanilla and stir with a fork until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake, letting some drip down sides. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts