Fresh Mozzarella-Tomato-Basil Salad
For an extra sprinkling of color, use multi-colored peppercorns and grind them over the salad just before serfvng.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 282
- Fat: 22.7g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 767mg
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese*
- 2 large red tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large yellow tomato, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded or chopped fresh basil
- Remove cheese from brine, and cut into 12 slices; sprinkle tomato slices evenly with salt. Alternate tomato and cheese slices on a platter; drizzle with olive oil. Cover and chill 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and basil.
- Note:*Fresh mozzarella is a soft white cheese available at gourmet grocery stores or cheese shops. Sometimes it's packed in brine, a strong solution of water and salt useed for pickling or preserving foods.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This