- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese*
- 2 large red tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large yellow tomato, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded or chopped fresh basil
- calories 282
- fat 22.7 g
- cholesterol 40 mg
- sodium 767 mg
How to Make It
Remove cheese from brine, and cut into 12 slices; sprinkle tomato slices evenly with salt. Alternate tomato and cheese slices on a platter; drizzle with olive oil. Cover and chill 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and basil.
Note:*Fresh mozzarella is a soft white cheese available at gourmet grocery stores or cheese shops. Sometimes it's packed in brine, a strong solution of water and salt useed for pickling or preserving foods.