Fresh Mozzarella and Herb Crostini
Notes: You can toast the bread (step 1) up to 4 hours ahead; cool and store airtight at room temperature.
Yield: Makes 8 to 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 229
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 8.1g
- Carbohydrate: 9.3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- 1 baguette (8 oz.)
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herb leaves such as thyme, marjoram, oregano, sage, or rosemary (one kind or a mixture)
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 1. Cut baguette diagonally into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Set slices on a rack on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet. Bake in a 425° regular or convection oven until golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 2. Drain mozzarella and pat dry; cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange on toast, cutting slices to fit. Drizzle olive oil over cheese. Sprinkle with herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This