Fresh Marinara Sauce
This sauce has a lot of flavor from fresh tomatoes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) plum roma tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry basil
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry mexican oregano
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 cup(s) Dry red wine
- 1 can(s) 30 oz tomato puree
- 1 can(s) 30 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 300f. Combine tomatoes an next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Spread on a non stick baking sheet. Bake in center of oven for 2 hours. Let cool. Chop the tomatoes and add to a large sauce pan. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer sauce for one hour or more.Correct the seasonings if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JBarbari and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note