Fresh Marinara Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) plum roma tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry basil
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry mexican oregano
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 cup(s) Dry red wine
- 1 can(s) 30 oz tomato puree
- 1 can(s) 30 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 300f. Combine tomatoes an next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Spread on a non stick baking sheet. Bake in center of oven for 2 hours. Let cool. Chop the tomatoes and add to a large sauce pan. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer sauce for one hour or more.Correct the seasonings if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JBarbari and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes