Fresh limeade is a delicious alternative to lemonade during the hot summer months (or whenever the mood strikes you).
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice (about 6 to 8 large limes)*
- 5 cups cold water
- Garnish: fresh lime slices
- 1. Stir together sugar and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sugar mixture reaches syrup consistency. Remove from heat; cool.
- 2. Stir in juice and 5 cups cold water. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
- *1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 to 8 lemons) may be substituted. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note