Fresh limas are nothing like the frozen variety, so delish. A little work but well worth it. Didn't have the olives but this was a nice side.
Fresh Lima Beans
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
Update fresh lima beans with the addition of tomatoes and kalamata olives and tossing in a red wine vinaigrette.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Sodium: 176mg
- 2 cups fresh lima beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook lima beans in simmering water 20 minutes or until tender. Rinse with cold water; drain. Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt. Add beans, grape tomatoes, olives, and parsley; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note