- 1 pound tiny, new red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) vegetable broth or reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream or fat-free light cream
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 cups Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Chik'n Strips
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Coarse ground black pepper (optional)
How to Make It
In large saucepan combine potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to boiling. Gently boil, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Use paper towel to wipe out saucepan.
In same saucepan cook leeks in hot margarine or butter for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour. Add broth and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling. Stir in potatoes and carrots. Return to boiling. Stir in MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS CHIK'N STRIPS. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and pepper, if desired.
®, ™, © 2009 Kellogg NA Co Morningstar Farms® Recipes are the property of the Kellogg Company.