This was really fun having fresh horseradish sauce. The parsley was a nice touch!
Fresh Horseradish Sauce
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 44
- Calories from fat: 84%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 7.9mg
- Cholesterol: 9.4mg
- 4 ounces fresh horseradish root*
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups crème fraîche or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Peel the horseradish root with a vegetable peeler. Grate finely or whirl in a food processor until finely chopped. In a small bowl, mix horseradish with vinegar.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk crème fraîche until slightly thickened. Stir in horseradish mixture, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- * Fresh horseradish is sold in well-stocked produce markets; if you can't find it, you can substitute 1/4 to 1/2 cup prepared horseradish and omit the vinegar. Either way, make the sauce a day ahead of time to allow the flavors to blend.
- Make ahead: 1 day; keep chilled.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments