Fresh Herbed Omelet with Goat Cheese
Tangy goat cheese pairs well with the earthy flavors of fresh basil, oregano, and thyme. Enjoy this savory omelet for breakfast with fresh fruit. Or try it for dinner with a green salad.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 190
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 233mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 542mg
- Calcium: 122mg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Melt butter in a 9-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan. As mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Cook just until set (about 5 minutes).
- 3. Sprinkle cheese over omelet. Fold omelet in half; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 2 minutes. Cut omelet in half crosswise. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine