I have made this 4 or 5 times and everyone LOVES this recipe. I didn't add the mint (not a personal favorite of mine) ....but I'm sure it's as good with as is is without. You can make it way ahead of time, so it's great for parties and gatherings. Also...it looks beautiful, just like the picture. Everyone is always impressed!
Fresh Herb-Tomato Crostini
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 7.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 2.2mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 116mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (8.5-oz.) French bread baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together olive oil and garlic; brush on 1 side of each bread slice. Place bread slices, garlic sides up, on a baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. Whisk together lemon juice and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add tomato and next 3 ingredients; gently toss to coat.
- 3. Top each bread slice with tomato mixture (about 2 rounded teaspoonfuls each). Sprinkle with cheese.
- Green Tomato-Fresh Herb Crostini: Substitute 1 finely chopped large green tomato for red tomato. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Fresh Herb-Tomato Tabbouleh Salad: Omit first 3 ingredients. Decrease feta cheese to 1/4 cup. Prepare tomato mixture as directed in Step 2; drain. Reserve seasoning packet from 1 (5.25-oz.) tabbouleh salad mix for another use. Pour tabbouleh mix into a large bowl; stir in 1 cup boiling water. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Stir in tomato mixture. Cover and chill 1 hour. Top with feta cheese, and season with salt to taste. Makes 6 servings. Prep: 10 min; Chill: 1 hr., 30 min.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Near East Taboule Mix Wheat Salad.
- Per serving: Calories 93; Fat 6.1g (sat 1.6g, mono 3.9g, poly 0.5g); Protein 2.1g; Carb 8.7g; Fiber 2.4g; Chol 6mg; Iron 0.9mg; Sodium 243mg; Calc 53mg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Herb-Tomato Crostini Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This