This is my fave salmon recipe, so easy and delicious. The slightly crunchy, very flavorful herbs and lemon zest serve as a brilliant counterpoint to the salmon. I'm not a big chives fan, so I substitute basil, or another herb to go with the dill and parsley. You must use fresh herbs in this recipe. Asparagus makes a great side!
Fresh-Herb Salmon with Jasmine Rice
Photo: James Baigrie
Yield: Makes 4 servings, with leftovers
More From Real Simple
Other: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calcium: 61mg
- Calories: 627
- Calories from fat: 0%
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Fat: 26g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Protein: 43mg
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Sodium: 1427mg
- 2 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 pounds salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, 4 cups of water, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the parsley, chives, and dill. Reserve 1/3 of the herb mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for another use. Combine the rest of the herb mixture with the lemon zest and set aside.
Heat broiler. Coat the salmon fillets with the oil and season with the black pepper and the remaining salt. Broil 10 to 12 minutes, until just cooked through. Reserve 2 fillets for another use. Fluff the rice with a fork and reserve half (about 4 cups) for another use. Mix the ginger and scallions with the remaining rice. Top each salmon fillet with the fresh-herb mixture and serve with the rice.
Tip: Salmon fillets don't need to be turned to cook through. Broil 10 minutes for each inch of thickness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes