To make this recipe even easier you can choose 3 of the 6 herbs. Doing everything in the food processor makes this very easy. The fish is very flavorful and delicious. Serve with a green vegetable or toss salad. If you would like to save some money, substitute cod for the halibut.
Fresh Herb-Encrusted Halibut
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh oregano
- 1 cup(s) fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh mint
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh marjoram
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil
- 5 clove(s) garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) hot chili flakes
- 3 cup(s) panko bread crumbs
- 2, 8 ounce(s) halibut filets
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- De-stem the fresh herbs to prepare them for the rub by placing leaves directly into a food processor.
- Add Panko breadcrumbs to the food processor.
- Add 1 pinch salt.
- Add chili flakes.
- Add peeled garlic cloves.
- Pulse processor until all is mixed and chopped very fine. Pour mixture into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Place non-stick pan on medium high heat. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into pan and allow it to smoke.
- Season both sides of the halibut filets with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the 2 remaining tablespoons of olive oil on filets and brush oil over fish to coat.
- Place filets in herb mixture and gently roll the fish in the herb mixture to evenly coat it.
- Transfer herb-covered fish to the hot pan and sear until it’s a dark golden brown (about 2 minutes per side).
- Once seared, place fish on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Place fish in 425 degree oven for 7-8 minutes, until the fish has firm texture that is pliant when touched
- * you can substitute cod for halibut
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dcous52 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note