Fresh Herb-and-Tomato Salsa with Smoked Cheese
The Good News: Inspired by an Italian Caprese salad, this tomato salsa is full of calcium-rich cheese. It's so chunky it could be eaten on its own with a fork, but it's also wonderful with shredded chicken.
- 2 cups mixed yellow and red grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup finely diced smoked Gouda, smoked cheddar or smoked Monterey Jack cheese (2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes with the cheese, cilantro, basil and chives. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note