Fresh Gulf Shrimp with Barbecue Butter
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 4 pounds unpeeled jumbo fresh shrimp
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup amber beer
- 1/2 pound Barbecue Butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- French or sourdough bread
- Peel shrimp, leaving heads and tails on; devein, if desired. Sprinkle shrimp with seafood seasoning. Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and sauté 5 minutes. Add beer, and cook 5 minutes or until beer is reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in 1/2 pound Barbecue Butter, 1 piece at a time, and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and creamy. Add parsley. Serve immediately with bread for dipping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes