Fresh Guava Cobbler
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups peeled, sliced guava (about 5 small)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Whipping cream
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and sliced guava in a small mixing bowl; toss lightly to coat well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place butter in a 2-quart casserole; place in oven until butter melts. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Combine remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl; add milk, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Carefully pour batter over melted butter in casserole. Spoon sugared guava evenly over top of batter. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. (Batter will rise up over fruit, and become crisp brown.) Spoon into individual serving dishes, and serve with whipping cream. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note