1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet. Saute onions and mushrooms in butter.
3. Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes and drain.
4. Add the green beans, mushroom soup, onion rings, salt, and pepper to the onion mixture. Stir well.
5. Pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
6. Bake 20 minutes, then top casserole with cheddar cheese and additional French-fried onion ring, if you like. Bake another 10 minutes or until casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
Go to full version of