Fresh Green Bean Casserole
Old-fashioned and yummy, this casserole will remind you of home. Much better than used canned green beans.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 10 3/4-oz. can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup(s) diced onion
- 1 (2.8oz) can(s) French-fried onion rings
- 1 cup(s) grated cheddar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, optional
- 2 cup(s) sliced fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet. Saute onions and mushrooms in butter.
- 3. Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes and drain.
- 4. Add the green beans, mushroom soup, onion rings, salt, and pepper to the onion mixture. Stir well.
- 5. Pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- 6. Bake 20 minutes, then top casserole with cheddar cheese and additional French-fried onion ring, if you like. Bake another 10 minutes or until casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ALinn2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Green Bean Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables