- 1 regular-sized bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 2 limes, cut into 8 wedges
- calories 294
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 7.5 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- monofat 0.1 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 31.7 g
- carbohydrate 25.1 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 76 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 645 mg
- calcium 59 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Stir cilantro and 1 tablespoon butter into cooked rice.
Combine wine and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
Rinse scallops, and pat dry with paper towels. Pour melted butter over scallops, and toss well.
Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of scallop mixture; cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove scallops from heat, and keep warm. Wipe pan with a paper towel. Repeat procedure with remaining scallop mixture.
Pour wine sauce into pan; cook over medium heat 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Spoon sauce over scallops. Serve with rice and lime wedges.