This is good, but I prefer fresh slices of fresh ginger and a squeeze of lime in my water without sugar. Refreshing.
Fresh Ginger Beer
If you like ginger ale, you'll love this tangy ginger beer beverage. Add your favorite rum to create a memorable cocktail.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 81
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 21.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 3mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 3 cups sparkling water
- Lime slices (optional)
- Combine water, juice, and ginger in a blender; process until blended.
- Line a strainer with cheesecloth. Strain mixture over a pitcher; discard solids. Add sugar to pitcher; stir until dissolved.
- Add sparkling water just before serving. Serve over ice. Garnish with lime slices, if desired.
If you can't find superfine sugar, place granulated sugar in a blender, and process until fine. You can find bottled ground fresh ginger in the produce section of the supermarket.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Ginger Beer Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Beverages, Nonalcoholic
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Carbohydrate, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Blender
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Cinco de Mayo, Father's Day, July 4th, Kwanzaa, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Super Bowl, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light