Fresh Garlic Linguine with Clams
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 339
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Carbohydrate: 38.1g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 9.3mg
- Sodium: 155mg
- Calcium: 258mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated linguine or angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and bell peppers. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add clams and wine. Cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shells open.
- 3. Add pasta and half of parsley to clams in pan, tossing well to blend. Add reserved 1/4 cup pasta water and half of cheese, tossing well to blend. Sprinkle remaining parsley and cheese evenly over each serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note