Fresh Fruit with Cannoli Cream
Prep: 12 minutes
In traditional cannoli, a well-known Sicilian dessert, pastry tubes ("pipes") are deep-fried and filled with sweet ricotta cream. We eliminated the time-consuming pastry, greatly reducing the calories and fat. But we kept the best part--the cannoli cream--and spooned it over fresh fruit.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 51mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tub-style light cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon grated semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Fold whipped topping into ricotta mixture.
- 2. Combine strawberries, blueberries, and kiwifruit in a bowl, toss gently.
- 3. Spoon about 1/2 cup fruit into each of 6 dessert dishes; top each serving with 3 tablespoons cannoli cream, 1/2 teaspoon grated semisweet chocolate, and 1 teaspoon sliced almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note