This was the highlight of the meal. Really delicious and healthy.
Fresh Fruit Salad with Nutmeg-Cinnamon Syrup
Substitute your favorite apple for Granny Smith, if desired.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 76
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19.9g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 2 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apple (about 1 large apple)
- 2 cups thinly sliced ripe pear (about 1 large pear)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup orange sections (about 1 orange)
- 1/2 cup sliced banana (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with juice; toss gently.
- Combine syrup, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon over fruit, and toss gently. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Fruit Salad with Nutmeg-Cinnamon Syrup Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads