- 3 cups finely chopped, peeled peaches
- 3 cups finely chopped cantaloupe
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
How to Make It
Combine peaches and cantaloupe in a flat-bottomed kettle; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Return to a boil; boil 12 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently. Add remaining ingredients. Boil, stirring constantly, until mixture registers 220° on a candy thermometer or until mixture sheets from a cold metal spoon. Remove from heat; skim off foam.
Ladle conserve into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling-water bath 15 minutes.