1. Combine flour, sugar, orange zest and salt.
2. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles corn meal or tiny peas.
3. Whisk the egg yolk and add to the flour mixture; mix well.
4. Add ice water, 1 teaspoon at a time, just until pastry is smooth and holds together in a ball.
5. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
7. Roll out chilled dough to a thickness of 1/4".
8. Cut a circle the size of the bottom of the springform and place inside the springform, refrigerating remaining dough.
9. Prick bottom with a fork and bake for 10-15 minutes or until light brown; cool thoroughly.
10. Meanwhile roll out remaining dough and cut into a 1" wide strip.
11. Press the strip against the sides of the springform and onto the prebaked bottom.
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Beat cream cheese until smooth.
3. Gradually add sugar and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, scrapping sides of bowl.
5. Stir in cream, orange extract, and zest.
6. Pour into prepared pan.
7. Bake 15 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F and continue baking until the sides are set but center moves slightly, about 40-60 minutes.
8. Turn off oven, slightly open door, and let cheesecake cool in oven for 1 hour.
9. Remove and cool to room temperature and then refrigerate at least 4 hours.
1. Heat raspberry jam, strain, and spread over top of cheesecake.
2. Arrange fruit on top of jam.
3. Press almonds into sides, above crust.
Go to full version of