Fresh Fruit Ambrosia
This is from Susan DiVeta's kitchen. This recipe can be made to meet your individual tastes. Omit extracts if you want, omit coconut, or any other fruit that is not in season. The main ingredients of oranges, pineapple, coconut, and orange juice/sugar liquid make a great dish all by itself.
Yield: 8 servings
Community Recipe from
- 4 oranges
- 2 unpeeled apples, cubed
- 2 cup(s) fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup(s) seedless grapes (green or red)
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Grand Marnier
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 2 cup(s) sliced strawberries
- flaked coconut
- Peel oranges and cut into quarters. Combine oranges, apples, pineapples, and grapes in a large bowl. Combine orange juice and sugar in a separate bowl and stir until sugar dissolves. Add Grand Marnier and extract to the orange juice. Pour the juice mixture over the fruit. Cover and chill 2-3 hours. Before serving, stir in strawberries and top with coconut. Serves 8.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sliving11 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Fruit Ambrosia Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch