Fresh Fig Muffins
Yield: about 1 dozen
- 2 large fresh figs, finely chopped
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Dredge figs in 2 tablespoons flour, tossing lightly to coat well; set aside.
- Combine remaining flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; sift together 4 times. Stir together milk, egg, and butter; add to dry ingredients, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in reserved figs.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads