Fresh Fig Gelato
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 pint(s) water
- 3 cup(s) pureed, peeled fresh figs (other fruit purees can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon(s) "neutral" stabilizing powder
- ***COOK'S NOTE: Purchase this online or at cake decorating supply stores.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat and boil the syrup until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove the syrup, then stir in the "neutral" stabilizing powder, whisking for 5 minutes. (The stabilizing powder percents ice crystals from forming and helps ensure a smooth textured gelato.) Chill the gelato bases thoroughly then process it in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Spoon the gelato into containers and freeze until ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Fig Gelato Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Ice Cream/Sherbet
More Recipes for Main Dishes