Fresh Fig Cobbler
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Pastry for 1 double-crust (10-inch) deep-dish pie
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups sliced fresh figs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Roll half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; fit into a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, flour, orange rind, and ginger in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Add figs; toss lightly to coat well. Spoon mixture into pastry shell; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining pastry to 1/8- inch thickness; cut into 3/4-inchwide strips, and arrange in a lattice fashion over figs. Trim edges; seal and flute. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°, and bake an additional 40 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts