This salad is fabulous. It's delicious enough for company, but easy enough to make any day of the week. A keeper!
Fresh English Pea Salad with Mint and Pecorino
This simple salad boasts plenty of early summer flavor. You can substitute crumbled feta cheese for the pecorino. If you can't find fresh peas, use frozen thawed petite green peas.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup salad and 1 tablespoon cheese)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 90
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 342mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shelled green peas (about 1 pound unshelled)
- 6 cups trimmed arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add peas; cook 1 minute. Drain and plunge peas into ice water; drain.
- Combine peas, arugula, and mint in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This