- 3 large ripe pears, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups mixed gourmet salad greens
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces very cold duck foie gras, cut into six 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Garnish: fresh fennel sprigs
How to Make It
Toss pears, rosemary, salt, and pepper with olive oil. Place pears on a baking sheet. Bake at 475º for 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly firm.
Toss greens with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange greens on six individual plates.
Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add foie gras; cook in batches 45 seconds. Turn, and cook 30 more seconds or until golden brown and slightly crisp.
Arrange 3 pear wedges on side of greens. Top each with a fois gras slice. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.