Fresh Cranberry Sauce
If desired, stir in toasted pecans to give your cranberry sauce some crunch.
Yield: Makes about 2 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries, rind, and liqueur; return to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. If desired, stir in toasted pecans. Cover and chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Cointreau for orange liqueur.
- Beebe Roberts, Birmingham, Alabama
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables