- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries, picked over and stems removed
- 2 finely diced large celery stalks
- 1 finely diced small white onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced*
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- calories 67
- fat 0.0 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 56 mg
- calcium 9 mg
How to Make It
Process the cranberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer the cranberries to a medium bowl, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir the mixture well to combine.
Transfer the cranberry mixture to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
* For spicier salsa, include the seeds and ribs from the jalapeño. Or use a serrano chile, which has more heat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.