I was looking for a cranberry sauce with ginger and citrus, and this one had very few ingredients and worked very well for a sickbed Thanksgiving.
Fresh Cranberry-Ginger Relish
Notes: You can make this relish up to 3 days ahead; cover and chill.
Yield: Makes about 3 cups; 12 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 93
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 86mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 bag (12 oz.; 3 1/2 cups) fresh cranberries
- 1 lemon (5 oz.), rinsed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Rinse and drain cranberries. Remove and discard any bruised or soft ones. Gently pat berries dry.
- 2. With a vegetable peeler, pare all the yellow peel (not the white pith) from lemon in thin strips; coarsely chop. Save lemon for other uses.
- 3. In a food processor, whirl cranberries, lemon peel, sugar, crystallized ginger, and ground ginger just until finely chopped. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Cranberry-Ginger Relish Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments, Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: No-Cook, Quick/Easy, 5 Ingredients or Less
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Saturated Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor
- OCCASION: Autumn, Thanksgiving
- PUBLICATION: Sunset