Fresh Corn Tart with Chipotle Cream
Meatless Soyrizo adds a mildly spicy and earthy flavor, similar to traditional Spanish chorizo. Substitute chorizo, if you prefer. Serve with a green salad.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 wedge, 2 teaspoons chipotle cream, and 1 teaspoon cilantro)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 295
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 13.1g
- Carbohydrate: 42.4g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 686mg
- Calcium: 164mg
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded poblano chile
- 6 ounces meatless Spanish sausage (such as Soyrizo)
- 3 1/2 cups corn kernels (about 7 ears)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dry polenta
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- To prepare cream, combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare tart, heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Add chile to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add corn and garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove corn mixture from pan.
- Wipe pan dry with a paper towel. Recoat pan with cooking spray, and set pan aside.
- Combine 2 cups water and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Gradually stir in the polenta; cook 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 1/2 cups corn mixture. Pour polenta mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese evenly over polenta mixture; top with remaining corn mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over top.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes, and cut into wedges. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with chipotle cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes