This was so good I made it for my family two nights in a row. Super easy and fast to make. I used turnip greens in the recipe instead of chard and canned corn instead of fresh.
Fresh Corn Quinoa
Photo: Melina Hammer; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Fresh Corn Quinoa combines corn kernels, chard basil, and mint with red quinoa for a quick and tasty side dish.
This recipe goes with Rosemary Chicken with Corn Quinoa
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked red quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups water
- 4 shallots or 2 small onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 6 cups shredded greens (such as chard)
- 1/2 cup torn basil
- 1/4 cup torn mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Bring quinoa, salt, and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, sauté shallots in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add corn kernels and shredded greens; cook 2 minutes or just until wilted. Add quinoa, basil, mint, and fresh lemon juice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note