Fresh Corn-and-Green Chile Dressing
Yield: Makes 14 to 16 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups diced sweet onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 (4-oz.) cans chopped green chiles
- Cornbread Crumbles
- 3 cups soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add corn and onions, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in cilantro and green chiles, and sauté 1 minute.
- 2. Stir together Cornbread Crumbles and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, next 2 ingredients, and corn mixture, stirring until blended. Divide cornbread mixture between 1 lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish and 1 lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 45 to 55 minutes or until set and golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables