- 4 ounces white whole-wheat flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño
- 1/2 cup diced yellow squash
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- calories 362
- fat 15.9 g
- satfat 6 g
- monofat 6.2 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 93 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 465 mg
- calcium 157 mg
- sugars 9 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
Combine sour cream, eggs, and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Add sour cream mixture, corn, and jalapeño to flour mixture; stir just until combined.
Heat a large nonstick griddle over medium-high heat.
Divide corn mixture into 8 equal portions (about 1/3 cup each); shape into patties. Add patties to griddle; cook 6 minutes on each side.
Combine squash, green onions, basil, vinegar, tomato, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl; toss. Place 2 corn cakes on each of 4 plates; top evenly with salsa.