The fresh corn taste in this almost blew me away! I would actually leave out the raspberries next time, because they detracted from the amazing corn batter, and I didn't like the texture of the raspberry seeds. Otherwise, my rating would be closer to a 4 or 5! Incredibly moist and fresh.
Fresh Corn Cake with Raspberries
Puréed fresh corn adds unique sweetness to this dessert. Tossing the raspberries with a small amount of flour prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 291
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 52.1g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 481mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; line bottom of pan with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- Combine corn and next 5 ingredients (corn through eggs) in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 2 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add corn mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Toss raspberries with 2 tablespoons flour; fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan and carefully peel off wax paper. Cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Corn Cake with Raspberries Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American, Native American, New American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Blender, Food Processor, Bake
- OCCASION: Summer, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light