Fresh Corn Bread Pudding
Simple ingredients, such as corn, bread, milk, and cheese, render this side dish versatile enough for breakfast with country ham or an elegant dinner with filet mignon and asparagus.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 32.5g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 691mg
- Calcium: 272mg
- 1 (3/4-pound) loaf country-style bread (such as Pepperidge Farm Hearty Country White)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Trim crust from bread; discard crust. Cut bread into 2-inch cubes. Place bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until bread is toasted, turning occasionally.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and garlic to pan; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Combine milk, egg substitute, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add corn mixture and cheese to milk mixture, and stir to combine. Fold in the bread cubes.
- Pour corn mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray; let stand 10 minutes. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until puffed and set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This