We made these for a happy hour party and they were a total hit!
Fresh Corn Blinis with Smoked Salmon and Chive Cream
Traditional blinis consist of flour pancakes topped with sour cream and caviar, but our version features sweet corn pancakes topped with cold-smoked salmon and homemade chive cream. These easy apps are a great way to use up extra corn-on-the-cob you might have picked up at the market.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 102
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 386mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 ear shucked corn
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fine-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces cold-smoked salmon, cut into 24 (2-inch) strips
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Combine sour cream and chives in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cut kernels from ear of corn. Scrape remaining pulp from cob using the dull side of a knife blade. Discard cob. Set corn aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and cornmeal in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk and egg yolk in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, and stir with a whisk just until moist. Stir in corn, salt, and pepper.
- Place egg white in a bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Gently fold egg white mixture into corn mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter per blini onto pan, spreading to about 2-inch diameter. Cook 2 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges begin to set. Carefully turn blinis over; cook for 1 minute longer. Transfer blinis to a serving platter, and arrange in a single layer; keep warm. Repeat process with the remaining batter. Top each blini with 1 piece salmon and 1 teaspoon sour cream mixture. Garnish with chopped chives, if desired.
To prevent the blinis from becoming soggy, arrange in a single layer on a platter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This