Haven't tried this yet, but it does sound outstanding!
Fresh Coconut Cake With Pineapple Custard
BRAND WINNER JELL-O
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
- CRISCO All-Vegetable Shortening
- All-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups DOMINO Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup FLORIDA'S NATURAL Premium Brand Orange Juice
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 2 (8-oz.) packages PHILADELPHIA Neufchâtel Cheese, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
- 1 (5.1-oz.) package JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (6-oz.) package frozen unsweetened grated coconut, thawed and divided
- 1 (16-oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with vegetable shortening. Lightly flour pans, and set aside.
- 2. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Gradually add sugar, and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Combine 2 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with orange juice and coconut milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pans, and cool on a wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool.
- 5. Cut each cooled layer in half lengthwise using a serrated knife. Chill layers 30 minutes.
- 6. Beat cream cheese at medium speed until fluffy. Add instant pudding mix and 2 cups milk, and beat at low speed until smooth.
- 7. Place pineapple in a wire-mesh strainer; press with paper towels to remove liquid. Stir pineapple and 1/2 cup grated coconut into cream cheese mixture. Chill 30 minutes or until firm.
- 8. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly between cake layers. Spread whipped topping on top and sides of cake, and sprinkle top and sides with remaining 1 cup grated coconut. Chill until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note