Fresh Cherry Tart
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
Bake: 45 Minutes
Cool: 20 Minutes
- Parchment paper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Sweet Cream Topping (optional)
- 1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; coat parchment paper with cooking spray.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together cherries and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Unroll piecrust on prepared baking sheet. Roll into a 12-inch circle.
- 4. Drain cherry mixture, reserving liquid. Toss cherries in flour.
- 5. Mound cherries in center of piecrust, leaving a 3-inch border. Fold piecrust border up and over cherries, pleating as you go, leaving an opening about 5 inches wide in center.
- 6. Stir together egg and 1 Tbsp. water. Brush piecrust with egg mixture, and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar.
- 7. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden. Carefully transfer tart on parchment paper to a wire rack; cool 20 minutes.
- 8. Meanwhile, bring reserved cherry liquid to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let cool slightly. Brush or drizzle 1 to 2 Tbsp. hot cherry liquid over exposed fruit in center of tart. Serve immediately with remaining cherry syrup, and, if desired, Sweet Cream Topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts