Fresh Cherry Tart
More From Southern Living
Bake: 6 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cherries, pitted (about 1 pound)
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (8-ounce) container soft cream cheese
- Stir together first 4 ingredients. Press into bottom and up sides of a 13- x 4-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake at 375° for 6 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Bring cherries, 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and 3 tablespoons water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in 3 tablespoons orange marmalade and 2 tablespoons butter until melted. Cool; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Stir together remaining 1/3 cup sugar, remaining orange marmalade, and cream cheese until blended. Spread evenly in crust, and top with chilled cherry mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This