This was so easy to make. So tasty. I was not going to add the almond extract...I am so glad I did it really brought out the flavor more. Great recipe will be making again.
Fresh Cherry Preserves
Take advantage of summer's cherry supply with this simple cherry preserves recipe.
Yield: Makes 2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 153
- Calories from fat: 4%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 0.6mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh cherries, rinsed, pitted, and halved or very coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine cherries, sugar, and lemon juice. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and cherries are juicy, about 10 minutes. Adjust heat to maintain a low simmer and stir occasionally until mixture has thickened, about 40 minutes.
- 2. Stir in almond extract and pour preserves into a bowl. Chill, uncovered, until cold, about 4 hours. Cover and chill for up to 3 weeks.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments