Fresh Cherry Cobbler With Vanilla Ice Cream
Other: 55 Minutes
- 6 cups pitted fresh cherries (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 (14-oz.) containers HÄAGEN-DAZS FIVE Vanilla Bean All Natural Ice Cream
- Garnish: fresh mint leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bring cherries, cornstarch, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in 3 Tbsp. butter and lemon zest. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl. Add milk, vanilla, and 1/4 cup butter, and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Add egg, and beat 2 more minutes. Spoon batter over cherry mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden, shielding with aluminum foil during last 10 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool on a wire rack 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note