Fresh Cherry Cobbler With Vanilla Ice Cream
Other: 55 Minutes
- 6 cups pitted fresh cherries (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 (14-oz.) containers HÄAGEN-DAZS FIVE Vanilla Bean All Natural Ice Cream
- Garnish: fresh mint leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bring cherries, cornstarch, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in 3 Tbsp. butter and lemon zest. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl. Add milk, vanilla, and 1/4 cup butter, and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Add egg, and beat 2 more minutes. Spoon batter over cherry mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden, shielding with aluminum foil during last 10 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool on a wire rack 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts