I did not like this recipe but my family did. It is weird that it is mostly carrots yet doesn't taste like carrots at all. Next time we are going to try it without cilantro.
Fresh Carrot, Feta, and Black Olive Salad
This cooling side dish is our interpretation of shlata chizo, a classic Moroccan salad. Prep Time: 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 250
- Calories from fat: 79%
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 580mg
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- 5 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives (such as kalamata)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted cumin seeds
- 1. In a medium bowl, toss together the grated carrots, cilantro, feta, and olives.
- 2. Pour the lemon juice into a small bowl; slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking to blend.
- 3. Pour dressing over carrot mixture, toss to combine, and sprinkle with toasted cumin seeds.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads