Fresh berry tart with honey mascarpone
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) Icing sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) Cold unsalted butter
- 1 Free range egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon(s) Pure vanilla extract
- 3 - 4 tablespoon(s) Ice water
- 1 cup(s) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) Liquid honey
- seeds from one vanilla bean
- 4 cup(s) Fresh mixed berries
- 1 cup(s) Fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoon(s) Brown sugar
- cut a circle of parchment paper to fit the base of a 10" fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Place paper in pan and set aside.
- Stir together the flour and icing sugar until combined.
- Using the coarse side of a cheese grater, grate the cold butter into the dry ingredients and work in the shreds with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk together the egg yolk, vanilla, and ice water in a small bowl, stir into the dry mixture. Bring the mixture together with your hands into a ball.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to form a 12" circle. Transfer to a prepared tart pan, trimming the edges with a sharp knife. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Prick the pastry with a fork and bake for 30 - 35 min until light golden and crisp. Allow crust to cool completely before filling.
- Stir together the mascarpone, honey and vanilla seeds in a small bowl, spread the mixture over the base of the tart shell..
- Combine the berries with the brown sugar in a large bowl, pour into the shell on top of cheese mixture, piling the tart high. Carefully slice and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margaretodea and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh berry tart with honey mascarpone Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes